Monday, April 28, 2014

Permission Slip Granted

I am LOVING this wake up with the sun challenge! A few minutes to myself, time to wake up as slowly as I want, time outdoors with our beautiful garden (that I never had time to look at before). It has been a good thing, but the other day I did get a little overwhelmed...and just so you don't think that my life is perfect I thought I would tell you about it. Feeling a little like superwoman, I overbooked myself and tried to do more than humanly possible. Unfortunately, my blog, being new, sunk to the bottom of the priority list. I apologize for those of you wanting daily updates...this might be a good time to admit that there are actually 2 parts to resetting your body clock; one is to wake up with the sun and the other is to watch it set and go to sleep shortly thereafter (within a reasonable amount of time after). I have always been a "night owl" and started with this particular challenge (of all the things I "preach" in my classes) because I knew it would be the hardest for me to personally conquer, and I knew that if I could do this, any other challenge would be a piece of cake. What has happened over the last 13 days is that this "night owl" has become an "early bird" who likes to dig worms by the light of the moon...This might be okay for an ordinary person, but as a nursing mom I was also up most of the night, so I am writing myself (and you) a "permission slip to be human" if you choose to join me in taking on this challenge.

 ...and after spending an hour creating an awesome permission slip on a desktop app... is won't upload, and even the clip art isn't working for me (another reason this didn't go out 4 days ago). So...I give myself an invisible permission slip to stop being such a perfectionist and I am releasing this post without any pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to share a secret with you about blogging… you can write the posts ahead of time and have them scheduled to be released. Some days I am a writing master, some days I have absolutely nothing to say, so I have my stash of posts to publish as I go depending on how creative and energetic I feel. I still think you are super woman. Super women need at least 7 hours of sleep too! Keeps your mind AND soul happy :) You're grrreat, and I love to read your blog, however often you post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your secret! It's the only way i can blog out here in Utah without internet!

      Delete