Monday, April 14, 2014

Reset My Body Clock - Day 1

WOW! Who knew???  I woke up this morning before sunrise and I was able to do half a days work before the kids got up.  Honestly, I was dreading even the thought of waking up before 6am...I've never been much of a morning person; but today, as I walked outside and began breathing in the fresh morning air a little something inside of me switched.  I was feeling a bit of tension in my muscles and more than a little groggy, but after only a few moments outside all that seemed to melt away.  As the sun rose higher onto the distant rooftops a tiny magic sparkle of motivation began to rise within me.  I looked around and noticed some yard work that needed to be done and before I knew it I had singlehandedly weeded, watered and cleaned our entire yard...GO ME! Wahoo!





What would have normally taken me half the day (because of distractions and lack of motivation) took me less than an hour.   It didn't stop there either, before my first client of the day arrived I had already gotten myself and 2 kids ready for the day, prepared and eaten breakfast, picked up and vacuumed the upstairs, played on the computer, delivered upcoming class fliers to 2 blocks worth of neighbors and corrected homework...all before 10am!

Maybe there is more to this "waking up with the sun" challenge than I anticipated.  I began the challenge to "Practice what I preach," and I am often telling my students that they can "reset their body clocks" by doing this very thing.  I have heard that it takes 21 days to make a habit, so today is day 1.  Check in again and see how things are going.  I will tell you more about what "The Body Clock" is and why you might want to think about resetting yours.


1 comment:

  1. You know the best thing about you waking up this morning is that you realized that the water was turned off to our roses! Now they won't DIE!

    ReplyDelete