Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Time for a new challenge!

Waking up with the sun turned out to be a fantastic challenge for me.  I've never been a big morning person. I wasn't really the type to sleep in late, but you could be sure that I wouldn't wake up before 7:30am unless prodded with something much like a pitchfork.  I was able the wake up with the sun every day for 21 days and I feel like I may have become a morning person (I'm not fully convinced yet, haha).  We have been on vacation for a few days now and although the room is completely dark when the sun rises I am still finding myself waking up around 6am.  Not quite with the sun, the room darkening curtains throw things off a bit, but I will get back into the groove in a few days.  I knew that my 21 days were up but what I didn't realize was that I had gone an extra week.  I began the challenge on April 14th and today is May 14th...Where does the time go???

It is definitely time for a new challenge.  I have so many things that I teach that I want to explore further that it was a challenge to try to put them into priority.  It was obvious to me that the next one should be focusing on water because I am ALWAYS telling my clients "Water is the cheapest medicine", and everything in foot zoning and life seems to come back to the importance of water.  Do you know how many strange things happen to you if you are not drinking enough water?  We will be getting into some of them, and you might just be surprised.  Just the other day a client came to me with a myriad of complaints thinking that he had a very serious illness and through discussing his habits we realized that he was actually dehydrated.  For him I recommended the book "You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty."

Drinking water has not been a strong point for me and I definitely need a kick in the pants to get my act together with drinking water.  I have learned that the average person needs to drink half their body weight in ounces...but as a good rule of thumb I think the average person should drink a gallon of water a day...so that is the challenge.  For the next 21 days I challenge myself to drink 1 gallon, or more, of water everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment