Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Gallon of WATER a Day...Start slowly.

I did it!!! Drinking a gallon of water every day is not the easiest task to undertake when you are used to drinking 8 to 16 ounces of water per day.  A good thing to keep in mind is to start slowly but to stay focused.  It's okay if you aren't able to drink the full gallon for the first few days.  It may take a few days to get your body accustomed to that much water.  It wants it, but might not know what to do with so much so quickly (if you aren't already drinking that much). My advice is don't take 3 weeks procrastinating before you start, Just do it! Measure out your water and get started early in the morning.  The more you can drink before noon, the more likely you will be to succeed.  Yesterday I realized about 5:00 pm that I still had over half a gallon to go so I tried my best (finishing 3/4ths of the way by midnight), but paid dearly for it in the night.  Between Charlie teething, Amelia kicking our heads (because she is sleeping in our bed while her room is under re-construction), and getting up to empty my bladder every half hour, I feel like I slept about an hour total.  Today I was bound and determined to be better.

I set a timer for Amelia (potty training) and every time I took her in to try I drank a glass of water while we waited.  She is doing much better with the training and I finished my gallon of water before midnight.  In fact, Amelia had a perfect record today...until I typed that last line while she was tugging on my arm to take her to bed.  Focused on writing my blog it took a moment for me to realize that the trickling water sound was not a soothing waterfall made up in my imagination, it was a sweet little girl who forgot to go potty because mom forgot to set the timer.  Tomorrow is a new day.  AND tomorrow is the first day of class for a new set of students.  YAHOO for more foot zoners in Arizona!  This is a great group and we have one more opening in class, if you know anyone who wants to join us, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment