Saturday, June 14, 2014

Distilled Water

Waterwise 9000 Water Distiller on Table

I was planning to write about the different types of water and just before getting started I thought I would do a quick search to see what else was out there. Lo and behold, who should pop up but one of my hero's, Dr. Christopher and this article: Click here to follow the link to his herbal legacy.  So now I will expound on his favorite type of water.

Distilled Water

Distilled water is the process extracting the water from minerals and contaminants through the process of boiling it and collecting it "in its purest form" by cooling the steam drip by drip into a clean container.  Think of evaporation, and you've got the idea (except that when the water comes back to earth, as rain it collects pollutants etc.). When I decide to go on a "Distilled Water Kick" I usually buy it from the local grocery store for 0.99 cents to $1.50/gal.  If you decide that you want it a little more often you can opt to have it delivered (like several of my friends), or you can buy a distiller.  If you pick that route, do a lot of research first because there is quite a wide range of quality available for purchase.  My mom had a gigantic thing that took up a large part of the hallway to the mud room, and it took forever.  I hated the empty taste, so I avoided it for years, but after speaking with some of Dr. Christopher's family members I decided to give it another chance and I didn't taste that stark empty taste anymore (must have been my picky, young taste buds).  My husband will tell you stories of how much better he feels when he is drinking it regularly.

Click here to view an article FOR Distilled Water
This is a great article highlighting the benefits of Distilled Water.  The author counters a few common reasons people avoid this type of water AND he even gives you a link to buy a good one for around $400 (if it is still on sale when you read this).

Be aware that there are many views against distilled water, so before you go thinking that distilled water will solve all your life problems I offer you one more article.  Click here to view an article AGAINST Distilled Water. This is a slightly chilling article on the extreme other side of the coin.  I always say "moderation in all things.  It is easier to have moderation when you know the pro's and cons.

I have friends who have never had any other type of water, but distilled...their entire life! And they are some of the healthiest people I know, so sometimes it's hard to believe what you read when someone sits in front of you living the exact opposite.

After hours of research, looking into various types of water and using my husband as a sounding board, he finally stopped me and said, "Let me tell you my opinion on water.  I believe that the best type of water is the one that inspires you to drink more."  So I guess that goes along with the eat more diet, haha. So, drink more of whatever type of water tastes good enough to tempt you to drink more, and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment